In light of suspicious activity in a neighboring school district, please review the following safety tips with your children.
* Don't talk to strangers.
* Don't take anything from strangers.
* Don't go anywhere with someone you don't know.
* Stay more than an arm's reach from strangers. If you are
approached by a stranger, seek help immediately.
* Trust your instincts, if you feel you are being followed or
something in not right, seek help immediately.
* Use the buddy system, avoid walking anywhere alone.
* Review contact telephone numbers and home safety practices.
* When seeking help, always to to a trusted adult-teacher, coach,
police officer, other parent, or older siblings.
* If a stranger grabs you, do everything you can to stop him or her
from pulling you away. Drop to the ground, kick, hit, bite, and
scream. Do whatever it takes to attract the attention of others
who can help you. If someone is dragging you away, scream, “this
is not my dad,” or “this is not my mom.”
* Report any suspicious activity to your local school and police